What Are Elderberries?1. The most common Elderberries used in syrups are called Sambucus Nigra, also known as Black Elder. You can find these berries located on Sambucus Nigra Plants. Brave's Berries Elderberry Syrup is made with Organic dried Sambucus Elderberries.
2. Elderberries are a dark purple berry that is used to strengthen and boost your immune system. Along with organic ingredients, elderberries prevent / counteract cold and flu symptoms, improves respiratory health, headaches, relieves anti-viral conditions, and helps with seasonal allergies.
What Is The Purpose Of Elderberries?
Why Brave’s Berries Elderberry Syrup Instead Of Store Brands?
3. Store brand Elderberry Syrup has processed preservatives that do not require refrigeration. Due to preservatives and artificial sweeteners, these products can last well over a year. Brave's Berries Elderberry Syrup is made fresh, there is no preservatives and is sold within two weeks of request. I use organic spices and local clover honey from a bee keeper which not only gives you a natural sweetener, but also guides your body into a better immune system.
Can You Take This Product While Pregnant or Breastfeeding?
4. YES, you can take this product while pregnant or breastfeeding, however always consult with your healthcare provider to see what works best for you personally.
Should I Refrigerate Once I Receive My Elderberry Syrup?
5. Due to the contents of this product, please refrigerate once your order arrives. Brave's Berries Elderberry Syrup does not create an environment for harmful bacteria to grow and is still safe even if left warm for 4-5 days. The shelf life is up to 3 months (keeping the product warm may take a couple of days off the shelf life however, you can freeze the product as well to extend shelf time). I do stress the product keeps a longer shelf life refrigerated/ frozen and taste even more delicious cold!
Should I Take This Syrup Each Day?
6. It is always important to talk to your physician and educate yourself when it comes to using organic Elderberry Syrup. This is a great product to use when you need a boost to your immune system!
* You can take Brave's Berries Elderberry Syrup once a day or up to three times daily if needed.
*Due to this product being all natural, feel free to take year round or seasonally.
7. Due to the organic ingredients, this is a food based product. As long as the Elderberry Syrup smells and taste great, yes you can still take after the serving date. Brave's Berries Elderberry Syrup can last up to 6 months in the refrigerator open or unopened.
Can This Product Last A Week or Two After The Serving Date?
Is Brave's Berries Elderberry Syrup Organic?
8. Yes, our syrup is USDA Certified Organic, Non- GMO, and reliably sourced.
What Are Your Ingredients?
9. Organic Elderberries (Sambucus Nigra), Organic Cloves (Syzgium aromaticum), Local Clover Blossom Honey: Fresh from a wide- open Clover Field, Organic Ginger (Zingiber Officinale), Organic Cinnamon Sticks (Cinnamomum burmanii), Organic Lemon Juice, Filtered Water.
How Long Can You Freeze?
10. You can freeze for 6-8 months
What Do You Use To Sweeten Your Product and the consistency?
11. Local Clover Blossom Honey from Boulder CO: Kids under one years old should not take product!
The syrup is more of a juice consistency due to being made with only local honey, there are no thickening agents like you would see in our competitors syrups.
Please Feel Free To Use The "Contact Us" Page If You Have Further Questions.
Disclaimer: This statement has not been evaluated by the FDA. Brave’s Berries Elderberry Syrup is not intended to diagnose, cure, treat or prevent disease. The information here is for educational purposes only and is not intended as a substitute for professional medical advice, treatment or diagnose. Always seek professional medical advice from a qualified healthcare provider who knows your medical history with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition.